WASH(Water, Sanitation and Health
READO provides emergency and sustainable access to safe clean water, sanitation and hygiene to affected IDPs and host communities in South Central Somalia. This is done through rehabilitation/construction of water points and latrines, water trucking, hygiene promotion and hygiene kits distribution.
READO employs the Market Based Programming (MBP) approach to strengthen local markets and involves cash for work for solid waste management including garbage collection and clean up campaigns.
The following are the WASH activities that were implemented in 26 IDP camps in Baidoa, Bay region.
• Construction of 150 new VIP Latrines
• Construction of 50 disabled latrines
• Provision of emergency 3000 hygiene kits
• Rehabilitation of (5) shallow wells
• Construction of new elevated water tank
• Training of Community Hygiene Promotion
• Formation and training of water management committees
• Rehabilitation of one strategic (1) borehole
• Cash for work for 500 beneficiaries for 3-month cycle @40 UDS per month